As part of the Staffordshire Digital Innovation Partnerships project, Staffordshire University has entered into a partnership with HaulTech, an innovative and growing Staffordshire based software development company and are looking to recruit a graduate / undergraduate to take on a 24-week project involving designing, planning, and implementing a mobile application to integrate with transport and logistics platforms.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join the newly formed Innovation Team, who develop brand new solutions using the latest technology. Working in a relaxed but productive small team of seasoned software engineers, the right candidate will ride shotgun on an exciting journey, and we might even let you choose the music! Don’t just write code – make a difference.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish the company’s current position and objectives for the project
- Perform feasibility and cost analysis on project
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to create a project plan
- Work with the Technical Manager to design new mobile application (including deployment and implementation mechanisms)
- Present the design to, and seek approval from, the Board of Directors
- Develop a base framework for new mobile application
- Develop a proof-of-concept mobile application
- Maintain up-to-date terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design
Skills and Experience:
- IT / Computing graduate or undergraduate
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Git source control
- Experience or knowledge of mobile application development (Xamarin is desired)
- Excellent communication, approachable, and comfortable asking for help
- The position is offered on a full time, fixed term contract for six months (24 weeks)
- Hours and Days: Mon-Fri, 9am – 5pm
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
If you’re ready to springboard your career and make a real difference within a well established, industry leading technology provider then please send your CV for the attention of the technical manager to firstname.lastname@example.org.